Real Estate Law

Bingaman Hess represents real estate developers, contractors and individuals in both residential and commercial matters. Our attorneys also represent municipalities and municipal zoning, water and sewer authorities and we have extensive experience serving at the township, borough and county level

These include:

  • Agreements for the purchase or sale of real estate
  • Construction contracts
  • Zoning and subdivision matters
  • Land use planning
  • Title insurance
  • Real estate closings
  • Boundary disputes

Business Law Questions

I operate a small business and one of my customers refuses to pay what he owes me. Can you help?

Our office has experience in helping all sizes of businesses collect money from customers who do not pay. We would be happy to meet with you to protect your interests and to aggressively pursue collection.

Another company has offered to buy our mom and pop business and keep us on as employees. We are not sure what to do? Can you advise us?

We would be happy to assist any clients in the purchase or sale of a business. It is important to make sure that such a purchase or sale is well documented by a commercial attorney to protect either party’s interest.

I have a judgment against someone, but they refuse to pay, what can I do?

There are several things you can do. For example, you may be able to garnish a bank account. There are specific procedures that must be followed, but it is possible to “freeze” someone’s bank account and collect from that account the money you are owed. You can also enforce the judgment by entering it into the county judgment index and having it serve as a lien against property. Also, you can order a Sheriff’s Sale of property and attempt to get paid via the proceeds of the sale.